- Custom site search
- Self-service site search on BurlingtonSites
Burlington has everything your business needs to thrive, and our team is here to help you tap into it.
Whether you’re considering Burlington for your relocation or expansion, or are already established locally and looking for support in your next stage of growth, we offer a range of services to help you achieve your goals.
If you’re an entrepreneur looking to start-up or scale your small business, we also offer the resources and support you’re looking for. Explore our services below and reach out to us to learn more.
Locate and Grow
Building and Development Business Concierge
As an agency of the City of Burlington, we have the tools, resources, and networks to support you in the building and development process. From concept development and pre-consultation to permits and approvals, find out how we can support you in achieving your industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) development goals.
Demographics and Data
We maintain an extensive data centre on our website to provide you with the research and data you need to make important business decisions. Our team of experts can assist at any stage in the investment, development, or expansion process.
Connections to Talent
- Introductions to hiring and training resources and post-secondary
- Global Skills Strategy Referral Partner – business immigration support
- As a dedicated referral partner of the Global Talent Stream, we can enable you to quickly acquire new talent from abroad in order to grow your operations effectively.
International Soft-Landing Program
Expanding into Canada from an international location? Make Burlington home by applying for a residency in our soft-landing program. Through this program, we offer subsidized office space and access to an array of services to de-risk your business expansion or relocation to Canada.
Industry Connections and Knowledge Sharing
- We offer sector specific programming to assist our key industries in networking, knowledge sharing, and exploring opportunities for corporate innovation. Looking to host an industry event? Let us know how we can help.
- We can connect you to local post-secondary institutions for applied research, talent, and executive education.
- Through our team’s expertise and networks, we can help you understand important policy changes across all levels of government related to operating a business in Burlington.
Government Funding and Incentives
We can assist you in connecting and finding the right funding programs and incentives for your business and we would be happy to provide our opinions on what programs would be of the greatest benefit to your business.
Export Market Development
We have strong relationships and partnerships to assist you in both expanding and exporting globally.
Ribbon Cutting and Ground-Breaking Events
New to Burlington? Expanding your current location? Allow us to help you celebrate and promote this exciting milestone. We’re extremely proud of the businesses that call Burlington home, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you personally to our community.
Start-up and Main Street Business Support
COVID-19 Support and Business Resilience
- Team Burlington and Burlington Economic Recovery Network (BERN)
- Government advocacy across all levels of government (municipal, provincial, federal)
TechPlace and Start-up Support
Led by Burlington Economic Development, TechPlace is our city’s innovation centre. There, you will find:
- Office and Collaboration Space
- Events and networking
- Connections to Professional Service Providers
- Connections to hands on support at Haltech and Angel One Investor Network
Main Street Business Support
- Digital Service Squad (a Province of Ontario Digital Main Street Program)
- Connection to hands on support at Halton Region Small Business Centre