Resources For Your Local Business
Burlington Economic Development has compiled a list of services and resources designed to support and guide our local businesses as they grow and expand in the city.
Small Business Service Guide
This service guide serves to help guide your small business through the environment, spaces, programs, and resources that can help your business grow in Burlington.
Digital Service Squad
The Digital Service Squad is part of the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association’s (OBIAA) Digital Main Street program. The Squad is composed of trained specialists who will introduce you to the digital tools and technologies businesses need today to stay competitive and grow. These resources are particularly important with the advent of physical distancing and mask laws.
The Squad will first conduct a complimentary audit of your digital presence, then help you develop a Digital Transformation Plan. A $2500 grant is available to help you purchase equipment and services necessary to implement your plan.
For more information, contact Burlington’s Digital Service Squad member Ana at email@example.com.
DSS services can include:
- Training you or your staff on a basic website build.
- Improving your existing online presence (through a Google My Business account, Social Media channels, 360º photos and more).
- Introducing you to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) techniques.
- Setup of E-commerce, Point of Sale (POS) and Customer Database programs.
My Main Street
The My Main Street Local Business Accelerator program has launched in four communities in Burlington, including Fairview, Aldershot, and Downtown Burlington. Market research reports and other wrap around services available for eligible businesses in these Burlington neighbourhoods.
Canada Digital Adoption Program
The Canada Digital Adoption Program helps get businesses online and helps digitalize business operations. Two streams are available for digital adoptions:
- Apply for a micro-grant and access e-commerce advisors to help you go digital and take advantage of e-commerce opportunities
- Apply for a grant to help you develop a digital plan, and leverage funded work placements to help with your digital transformation
Halton Region Small Business Centre
The Halton Small Business Centre has a suite of programs, services, and tools to help businesses grow and succeed in the changing economy. Click here to learn more about resources and supports for managing your small business.
Ontario COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit
Until March 31, 2023, eligible employers are entitled to be reimbursed the amount of infectious disease emergency leave pay that they paid to their employees, up to $200 per employee per day taken. For more information, click here.
BDC Small Business Loan
Business Development Bank of Canada offers a loan of up to $100,000 online for businesses who have been in operation for at least 24 months and are generating revenues. Learn more about eligibility here.