Where the Tech Community Connects, Develops and Grows
Led by Burlington Economic Development, TechPlace is our city’s innovation centre. It supports new and developing technology companies throughout the region, and international businesses looking to bring their products or services to the Canadian marketplace.
Conveniently located just minutes from the QEW highway, the centre provides users with a much needed platform to connect, collide, develop ideas and partnerships, and to grow their businesses.
TechPlace has helped:
- Close to 400 businesses since its inception in mid-2017.
- Our city’s entrepreneurs generate over $35 Million in revenue in the 2018/2019 fiscal year.
- Create over 250 jobs.
- Attract 204 innovative, high-growth businesses to the Burlington ecosystem.
Networking Opportunities and Partnerships
TechPlace will facilitate introductions to community and corporate partners on your behalf. To date, over 15,000 new connections have been made here.
A LaunchPad Resident program
Scalable, growth-oriented companies can look to headquarter themselves at TechPlace for a competitive monthly rate. The centre can provide:
- Branded, private office spaces and hot desks
- Meeting rooms and event spaces
- Private wired and wireless networks
- Programming, networking opportunities, events and resources
- Community connections (professional service producers, industry leaders, local post-secondary institutions and more)
- Marketing and Promotional Opportunities
TechPlace is ideal for companies operating in the world of IoT, robotics, ICT, MedTech, FinTech, Big Data and Machine Learning (or any other technology-driven space).
A Soft Landing Program for Businesses Looking to Go Global
If you’re an international company looking to expand your products or services into the Canadian marketplace, TechPlace can provide you with all the perks of our LaunchPad Resident Program plus resources specific to your expansion here.
If you thrive in a community-oriented environment, and feel you would benefit from the community connections and opportunities TechPlace can provide you with, then the centre’s Soft Landing program may be right for you.
Access to Resources
TechPlace is home to the following partner agencies:
Angel One Network Inc.
A not-for-profit organization that finds quality companies for its members to consider investing in.
Learn More About Angel One
A not-for-profit corporation that helps businesses scale through advanced technology-based solutions.
Learn More About Haltech