Burlington is part of Halton region, a regional municipality in Southern Ontario that is part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and which provides access to a labour pool of 4.5 million people within commuting distance1. Our diversified, highly skilled workforce is ready and able to meet your business’s talent needs.
- 101,650 with a labour force participation rate of 68%2.
- 73% of our residents (aged 25 – 64) have a post-secondary education, higher than the province’s average of 65%3.
- Ontario has the highest immigration levels of all Canadian provinces4, resulting in a more global workforce from which to hire.
5.6% unemployment rate
20 post-secondary institutions are accessible within a one hour’s drive of Halton Region.
68% participation rate
Fields of Study
The major fields of study by our residents are in the areas of:
- Business; Management and Public Administration
- Architecture; Engineering and Related Technologies
- Social and Behavioural Sciences and Law
- Health and Related Fields
We are also experiencing accelerated interest in:
- Physical and Life Sciences and Technology (48% increase between 2006 – 2016)
- Mathematics; Computer and Information Sciences (37% increase between 2006 – 2016)
Labour Force by Occupation
Retail and Wholesale Trades, Manufacturing, and Health Care and Related Fields generate the most jobs per industry here.
The above figures will be updated with the next census, in 2021.